Interior design trends don’t change as fast as fashion. No one buys new furniture, reupholster old chairs, change draperies or even paint every season. Unless you are redecorating or remodeling a room, we tend to update our spaces with little touches. Like new pillows or accessories.
That being said, what are the hottest trends in interior design for 2013?
- Emerald Green is the color of the year according to Pantone.
- We will be seeing more gold or shiny brass in accessories and furniture
- Interior design is influenced by what’s happening on the runway:
- Lace accents
- High contrast, especially black and white
- Floral prints (but not your Granny’s flower fabric!)
- Animal prints will also continue to be popular
- Wallpaper is making a comeback, but in bold, graphic or embellished designs